HIGHER LOVE is the Marriage Ministry of Grace Fellowship Church Shrewsbury available to our members and community. We believe that marriage is a union between one man and one woman ordained by God. When we marry, we enter into a binding covenant with each other with God at the very center of that agreement.
Our vision is that all families would become solid through strong marriages that honor God.
Our mission is to come along side couples and provide opportunities that will bring them closer to Christ and to each other.
Our goal is to help couples prepare for and live within their marriages:
• Promoting God’s plan for marriage
• Nurturing and enjoy fellowship with other Christian couples
• Assisting with the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of marriage from a biblical perspective
• Helping couples discover practical ways for building a passionate marriage relationship
• Providing tools to couples for improving their relationship with each other and with God
• Strengthening and renewing marriages and families with ongoing activities; couple mentoring programs; and other education materials / support
HIGHER LOVE provides a variety of opportunities throughout the year for engaged and married couples to take their relationships to the next level:
A half-day workshop for couples that will teach:
• God’s Design for Marriage
• Marriage Expectations and Goals
• How our Past Influences our Marriage
• Finances and Marriage
• Communications in Marriage
• Marriages That Last
Couples Mentoring is highly recommended for all couples after the premarital workshop to enhance their preparation for marriage.
Our ministry team works with couples who are engaged to be married or who are married to help them identify their unique strengths and potential growth areas. Our team members are trained mentors and use the “Prepare and Enrich” relationship inventory and skill-building program to:
• Explore strength and growth areas
• Strengthen communication skills
• Identify and manage major stressors
• Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
• Develop a more balanced relationship
• Explore family of origin issues
• Discuss financial planning and budgeting
• Establish personal, couple and family goals
• Understand and appreciate personality differences
Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage is a video event in which Mark Gungor, pastor of Celebration Church in Green Bay, presents a comical and informative look at the differences between men and women. His take on marriage issues is refreshingly free of both churchy and psychological lingo.
The Art of Marriage is a FamilyLife® video event that combines dramatic stories, real-life testimonies, expert interviews, humorous vignettes and other teaching methods to lay out God’s design for marriage.
Weekend to Remember is a FamilyLife® getaway event for couples to be together and invest in and strengthen the foundation of their marriage, no matter how firm or fragile it is. You’ll hear speakers deliver practical, biblical wisdom about what God’s ideal of marriage looks like and how you can work toward it in yours. We promote the Hershey event held in February each year, but conferences are available year round.
Couples Date Night is an event for couples to have a time to laugh, relax, and make their relationship a top priority. We provide an atmosphere of quality couples’ time that includes an enjoyable dinner; Christian entertainment; and fellowship with others.
For more information on upcoming events contact